Providing quality products and services today for a safer tomorrow
Ever wonder why we're called FrenchCreek?
Few streams in western Pennsylvania are more attractive and more biologically diverse than French Creek. This nationally renowned waterway begins in Chautauqua County, western New York, and flows for 117 miles through the northwestern Pennsylvania counties of Erie, Crawford, Mercer and Venango until it empties into the Allegheny River at Franklin, Pennsylvania.
With nine major tributaries, the watershed encompasses 1,235 square miles, over 90 percent of which are in Pennsylvania's rolling hills and broad valleys of the Allegheny River watershed.
A historical waterway, French Creek was named in 1753 by young George Washington as he journeyed to Fort LeBoeuf (now Waterford, Erie County) to warn the French that they were on British territory. French Creek provided early settlers with abundant natural resources, including a waterway for transportation.